Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things That Are Wrong In This World

Okay, so the title may be a little dramatic, but I thought I'd do some type of attention grabber.  So now I'll give you my little introduction:
Before Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon ever even came out, I discovered it on Amazon, read the synopsis, and went, 'Whoa, that sounds like one really, really good book.  I must read it.'  I then told my book friend that has recently traveled with me to book signings about this book and about how great it sounds.  I even told her that I'd compare this book to the awesomeness of The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross.  We still both gush about how that book is the greatest of all great.  Mind you, I hadn't even read that book at that time.
Then, not too long after the discovery of it, I went on Amazon and looked at all the reviews and I was horrified.  'Why,' I asked myself, 'could these people be so harsh about this book?  It sounds so awesome!  The book can't be that bad.'  Seriously, people were giving this book one-star ratings and such.
Fast forward to January.  I had just bought ten books on Amazon and Carrier of the Mark was included in that lot.  They arrived on my doorstep and I promptly ripped open the big box and arranged the books in the order I wanted to read them.  I put CotM in the middle because I thought it'd put some excitement in my reading experience.  Then I read it.  And loved it with all my heart.
Mind you, I read this book even though people gave this book all these bad reviews.  I was determined that the book couldn't be that bad.  Just look at the cover, for Pete's sake!  It just cries out for people to love it and cherish it!
For example, people were saying that this book is related to the likes of Twilight and the stalker-ish-ness of it.  First of all, Edward really didn't have a reason to be creeping up on Bella while she slept.  Adam, on the other, did, and he wasn't even the one that did the creeping!  It was a bird!
People were overall just dissing the book, saying it was a waste of their time and that all Megan was in the story was a complaining, plain, boring, and annoying girl, and that all she did was swoon over her boyfriend.  All I have to say to that is, NO.  No.  I thought that Megan was actually very strong and was not all swoony over her boyfriend.  She definitely had a mind of her own!
In all, I thought I'd get my brewing thoughts about Carrier of the Mark.  I really enjoyed the book and highly recommend other people to read it.  It was intriguing and I finished reading it in one sitting.  I couldn't put it down and I hope other people out there couldn't either.
Whew!  That felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.