Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted

The second to the The Goddess Test Series.  I bought this book along with its first at the same time and read them as soon humanly possible.  I was extremely pleased with the first book and couldn't wait to read Goddess Interrupted.  It was too tempting for me to wait and read it.  So here I am, reviewing some awesome book.

Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
 
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

First off, this book had me turning pages faster than a dog dives for fallen food.  Everything about it had me gripping the book for dear life, the intensity of it was exciting.  And when I read that Persephone would be in there, I was all like 'Whoa.  Didn't she die over a hundred years or so!?!?  How is that possible?!?!'  And then I remembered that they travel to the Underworld and then things just kinda clicked.
When I read this book, I felt as if I was on a mission.  I needed to know a whole bunch of stuff like why are Kate and Henry not happy?  They're meant to be!  Didn't Kate pass all of those tests for him?  Why is this happening?  Why can't they have their happy ending?  WHY?  And then there was a Titan with super long fog limbs that could attack and kill gods on the loose.  What IS this?  It was creepy and very scary.  As Owen Meany would put it, it gave me THE SHIVERS.  That Titan dude was one thing you do not want to mess with.
And the ending!  For all that is good in this life, save me!  Just as a little BIG warning here: Super duper evil cliffhanger that wants to make you cry.  Not that it's sad or anything.  It's just a terribly good cliffhanger that makes me want to throw the book.  But I'd never do that and instead reread the last few pages to make sure I was hallucinating words on the page and then reminded myself that I could wait until next year for the next installment because I am a patient bookworm.  At least that's what I try to convince myself.
Overall, the book was awesome.  I give it four out of five stars and I can't wait until the next book, The Goddess Inheritance, comes out.  There was a lot of excitement and adventure and, well, since I can't leave this out, there was some brief steamy awesomesauce times in there.  It was lovely!  Just a great book.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm waiting to get a copy of the first book from the library, can't wait!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! That's so exciting! I'm glad you're getting it. I seriously love these books. Also, I hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. Your review is so great! Very exciting! You should read the 1.5 - The Goddess Hunt, and then next month I think the Goddess Legacies or Legends? comes out as a 2.5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey another good series si the Awaken series by Meg Cabot! its awesome. the books in the series is Awaken Underworld and i think Abandon but Abandon isnt out yet. btw EPIC CLIFFHANGER IN THE GODDESS INTERRUPTED! i read someones review for the goddess inheritance and now know what there childs name will be! CANT WAIT FOR GODDESS INHERITANCE!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.