Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.  It's where bloggers can spotlight upcoming books that they cannot wait to get their grabby hands on.



Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

I love steampunk.  I definitely think that it is my favorite genre out there in the book world.  I only wish that there was more of it out there, you know?  Luckily, steampunk seems to be a rapidly growing genre and that is making me happy.
I chose this book not only for its obvious steampunk quality. (Though, to be honest, it's a huge reason why I did.)  I was also drawn to the cover.  There's a blimp, a factory, and a girl with blue highlights and sparkles in her hair and goggles on her head.  This can only mean that this book must be hardcore steampunk.  (Score!)  And look at the gears around the title!  You simply cannot have a steampunk book without its cogs and gears.  I think it's nearly impossible. 
Lastly, the reason why I chose this book is because the synopsis sounds interesting enough.  She's going to be a sacrifice--say waahhh??  And some mysterious dude from the Realm of Faerie.  I'm thinking love interest, but that's not what's important here.  I want to know it he's a faerie himself!  I love faeries!
Okay, enough of me gushing about a book I haven't read yet.  Happy WoW!  What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Great pick, Millie! I added this to my Wish List a week or two ago and I am definitely excited to read it. I've not read a ton of steampunk but I want to! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I haven't heard of it before, but it looks pretty great! and...Fairies rule :)

    Check out what I'm Waiting on and enter for a gift card giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! It's been on my radar for a while because I really want to read more Steampunk :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I'm definitely looking forward to this one! She's going to be at my local indie and I'm seriously looking forward to going if I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I love Faeries too!!!!! and the Steampunk style!!!!!!! This book sounds fantastic; great choice!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently reading this and so far it is good : )

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want this one... Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  8. STEAMPUNK! Haha, I see don't have a sense of what that is but YESSS!!! I've been eyeing this one too! :D Awesome pick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have read some Steampunk and this one looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I'm so excited for this one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.