Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers like me can show you what makes their hands all grabby.

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out

Okay, so the first thing that comes to mind here is 'AWESOME DRESS'.  (This coming from a girl that is not particularly fond of frills and such.)  The cover looks pretty cool, in all.  I read Ruby Red sometime last year, I believe, and I really got wrapped up in the story.  The only reason why I picked it up in the first place was that I heard that there was time travel, and being the big history geek that I am, I had to read it.

Secondly, I fell in love Gideon.  After I got past the ridiculousness of his name, I was digging his broody and hot-then-cold self.  I dunno.  I blame Bella and her irrational love for Edward even when he dumped her right on her head.  NO, it is NOT acceptable for men to just leave us behind with no promise of return while us fragile women wait for his not-so-promised return and then have him return and things go back to normal! NO.

Ahem.

Anyway, what are all y'all waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting. The cover is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I want to definitely read Ruby Red soon. It sounds great! Also love the cover for this book, so gorgeous!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know this one. Love the cover.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has been pretty popular lately! I haven't read Ruby Red but they both sound pretty good. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Red Ruby sitting on my shelves for far too long! I really do need to pick it up, especially based on your enthusiasm here! :D I love the cover for this book, the blue is SO pretty. <3

    Fabulous pick Millie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I say Red Ruby? xD Obviously, I meant Ruby Red. Sorry 'bout that. ;)

      Delete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.