Sunday, November 4, 2012

Endlessly by Kiersten White

The Synopsis:
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.










My Thoughts:
Let me start off by saying that the Paranormalcy series has been a blast to read.  Just looking at the covers, I knew that I would somehow love the books one way or another.  I loved getting to know all about Evie and her insecurities and falling for Lend.  It has been a fun series with plenty of ups and downs for the characters, and once I finished reading Endlessly, I knew that the story and all of its characters were done justice.

Evie is one of the most alive characters I've ever read.  Even though she strived for some type of normalcy, never once did she ever doubt the decisions she made.  Sure, she had the entire race of supernaturals on her hands and a whole lot of stress that no person should never be put through, but never once did she give up and her determination for both a normal life and also a safe life was admirable.  And it was such a great experience as a write to see how much Evie's matured throughout the entire series.  I know I've put in reviews for the other books that I found her annoying and naive, but I can't even complain about that now.  She became such a strong character and I enjoyed being in her head throughout the series.

Things were a lot heavier than I expected them to be in this book.  It was deep.  The situation was a lot worse than I thought it'd be.  First of all, the Dark Faerie Queen?  I would not want to mess with that mama.  I didn't think that she was Queen Mab from the Iron Fey Series evil, but the DFQ had her own air of evilness.  And don't even get me started on the new director to IPCA.  Oh, how she got on my nerves!  You bad lady! 

And I might as well say this: Jack is back! *happy dance*

And is it possible that I cared enough for all of the characters that I had the FEELS?  The answer is: Yes!  It is possible!  They weren't like "AWWWWW, somebody hold me!  I have the FEELS!!" but it was more like a "Oh, how my heart flutters and my eyes get all misty!".  Those kind of Feels.

Endlessly had the right amount of spunk and fierceness that I could only describe as a work of White.  It was highly entertaining and the story was an original idea inspired by all the things that go bump in the night.  Endlessly was the perfect end to a series.  Be prepared to see a different side of Evie and all the paranormals and see a whole different kind of evil.  For those that love a book with the perfect balance of light and dark and paranormal influences, the Paranormalcy series is something I'd be putting on your TBR list.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I read the first in this series and never got the the sequel. I loved Evie she's a great character and hilarious! I like how this one sounds very profound it sounds like the series really evolves like you would think one would!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.