Monday, December 31, 2012

A Summary of 2012

I guess I'll start of with the beginning of my blog.  Only this February did I create this and since then, it's just been a whole bunch of fun.  I can tell you right now that my reviewing has greatly improved from when I first began (mostly because I had no idea what I was doing) and I've met so many great and amazing fellow reviewers and authors, as well.  It's been a blessing to be a member of this community and I cannot wait to continue this experience for many years to come.

So . . . in all of 2012, I have read a total of 128 books and gave 53 of those five-star ratings.  Maybe I just love books so much?  But, while all those books were worthy of the 5 star review, I do happen to have a few that really stick out in my mind.

10.
9.


8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.


And shall I list all my new book boyfriends I've acquired this year, as well?  I think I shall!

8. Galen from the Of Posiedon series by Anna Banks
7. Ren from the Tiger's Saga by Colleen Houck
6. Adrian Ivashkov from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
5. Lucian from the Guilded Wings Series by Aimee Agresti
4. The Darkling from the Grisha Series by Leigh Bardugo
3. Zachary Moore from the Shade Series by Jeri Smith-Ready
2. Kaidan Rowe from The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins
1. Daemon Black from the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

And I can't forget about all the friends I've made this year!  I don't want to single anyone out, but if you're reading this, you guys know who you are!

Thank you to all of the people who have followed me around through the year and given me advice and reccomended me so many books!  You guys all rock and have a Happy New Year!  Today, I celebrate my birthday, so au revoir and see ya on the flip side!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic picks Millie! We have a ton of books in common. I loved Sweet Evil to pieces, which totally surprised me. I never expected to love it so much! And I totally swooned over Kaidan. ;) I also really need to pick up Obsidian. It seems like everyone but me has read it, and everyone but me has loved it too. It's going to happen in 2013 hopefully!

    Happy birthday Millie, and I hope you have a fantastic 2013! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Immortal Rules, The Raven Boys and Obsidian are all SO fantastic. ANd oh my goodness. Daemon Black and Adrian Ivashkov are two of my ALL time favorite book guys! Great list.(:

    And happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED The Immortal Rules and Shadow & Bone! Havent read any of the rest though.. *shoots self* haha!
    Btw, new follower! :D
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Immortal Rules as well but it didn't quite manage to make my top 20 :D
    Though I have to agree with The Raven Boys!!! AMAZING BOOK!!
    Oh god... Sweet Evil!! great book too!!!
    But I'm waiting on Sweet Peril to definitely blow my mind and maybe make my top 20 of 2013 :D
    Who knows? :D
    Thanks for stopping by my top 20!!
    O_O You read twice of what I read last year hahaha
    Happy Reading!
    Alba @BookPics

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.